Monday, April 26, 2010

First Day of Work on the Bug.











Today I finally started getting some real work done on the bug. Yesterday I took a quick look around the bug and saw some rust but nothing compared to what I found today. After tearing out all the carpet I found that almost the entire floor pan was rusted out. So after doing some research I found the two pans I need for around 100 bucks a piece. Getting the pans for both sides should take care of the majority of the rust. but there is still a lot underneath the side panels and in a few other pieces. So today I finished tearing out all the carpet, took out the gas tank, removed the headers and began taking of the motor so I could start working on rebuilding that. Also in the process of cleaning out all the spider webs, carpet, and rat crap, I found a dead rat! Over all today was a productive day and hopefully tomorrow I will have the motor all the way out.

1 comment:

  1. haha even my bug doesn't look that bad. you're in for a lot of work my friend...

    ReplyDelete